Some trends designers are seeing in kitchens these days are:
- More square footage. Kitchens are getting larger as they become the focal point for entertaining.
- Increase in detail. Molding, millwork and paneled doors are some examples of how to dress up the kitchen.
- Designer islands. More than just functional space, islands are taking on a life of their own with a unique style or color that stands apart from the rest of the kitchen.
- Less clutter. Kitchens are being designed with extra storage space to hold rarely used appliances and free up precious countertop space.
- Glamorous lighting. While some elements of the kitchen are becoming more clean and streamlined, buyers are adding in touches of upscale decor in chandeliers or oversized light fixtures.
What are your ideas for your custom kitchen space?