Here are some tips for how to keep your utility bills from getting out of control while you try to stay cool!
- Remove debris from around your outside air conditioning unit. Look for grass, weeds, dirt and leaves.
- Change the air filters in your home regularly.
- Use your ceiling fans and make sure they are blowing the right way. The air should be blowing down.
- Close the registers in unused rooms to keep from cooling unoccupied space.
- Use a programmable thermostat to regulate the temperature for when you're home or away.
- Make use of drapes and blinds to keep out some of the sunlight.
- When replacing light bulbs, choose LED lights that give off less heat.
What tips and tricks do you use to keep cool during these southern summers?